Contemporary traffic management in a historic city centre
AccessFlow and Amsterdam: long-time partners
For many years, AccessFlow has been the partner of choice for the design and development of the City of Amsterdam’s central traffic management software solution.
Source integration, monitoring and visualization
A modular approach
- Configuration Management for designs of crossings and traffic light installation equipment
- Management of malfunctions and maintenance of traffic light installations and signs
- Escorting VIP convoys
Designed with the future in mind
- Management of a variety of types of traffic: cars, cyclists, pedestrians, public transport systems like trams and busses, and waterways.
- Optimization of the traffic flows must be realized without changing the existing road network of the city centre.
- Support of a multi-vendor strategy. The solution is based on open standards, which makes it possible to retrieve data from and to control equipment of many different vendors.
- Involvement of a variety of stakeholders for the development of the solution like municipal authorities, traffic management representatives, urban planning department, traffic police, and vendors of various traffic systems.
- Increased safety by control and monitoring and ensuring improved behaviour of traffic participants.
- Ability to provide the required information to support the authorities in the event of any legal cases involving traffic incidents.
- Data collection for trend analysis to support strategic planning of the traffic infrastructure.
“If all the vehicles knew what all the traffic lights did, our best guess is the human carbon production would go down about 200 billion tons per year…. But before that is possible, traffic lights and vehicles need to learn to talk to each other.”